We had a real Black Misfits conversation with bassist, music guru and radio producer Luke Stewart and the iMiXWHATiLiKE crew about Black rock, Afro-Punk and misfit race relations. It was a laid back but heavy and fun conversation. Initially our discussion was intended to be part of Stewart’s forthcoming tribute to Jimi Hendrix. That may have been where we started but we went into a lot more; the punk scene in 2014, Black participation in punk music, White participation in hip-hop, cultural appropriation and more. We also talked some about one of my favorite documentaries on the history and origins of rock-n-roll in Black America, Electric Purgatory and about some of our favorite artists, bands and songs.
- The Missing Chapters of Malcolm X July 30, 2018
- Book Review: Elombe Brath’s Proletariat Prose July 22, 2018
- Academics In Cars #12 Go-Go Music and Culture with Dr. Tahira Mahdi July 12, 2018
- Academics In Cars #11- Information Warfare and Propaganda Analysis with Chris Simpson July 4, 2018
- Book Review: A Black Radical Intellectual Hero Writes, And Scholars Rescue, A Victory-Tinged History July 4, 2018