We were joined this week by Debbie Louis, author of the classic And We Are Not Yet Saved: A History of the Movement as People and Kali Akuno, author of, Linking the Struggles: Amilcar Cabral and his impact and legacy in the Black Liberation Movement. Our discussion covered under-discussed aspects of the civil rights movement in this country and its connection, in this case through Cabral, to international anti-imperial/colonial struggle.
- The Missing Chapters of Malcolm X July 30, 2018
- Book Review: Elombe Brath’s Proletariat Prose July 22, 2018
- Academics In Cars #12 Go-Go Music and Culture with Dr. Tahira Mahdi July 12, 2018
- Academics In Cars #11- Information Warfare and Propaganda Analysis with Chris Simpson July 4, 2018
- Book Review: A Black Radical Intellectual Hero Writes, And Scholars Rescue, A Victory-Tinged History July 4, 2018