Kali Akuno of the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement joined us as part of our special WPFW 89.3 FM Ferguson and Beyond programming to discuss Operation Ghetto Storm and the Every 28 Hours report on police violence in the U.S. Important here was specifically Akuno’s ability to address media coverage, appropriation and omission of the report, its findings and framework in approaching the incredible numbers of Black people killed by the police.
- The Missing Chapters of Malcolm X July 30, 2018
- Book Review: Elombe Brath’s Proletariat Prose July 22, 2018
- Academics In Cars #12 Go-Go Music and Culture with Dr. Tahira Mahdi July 12, 2018
- Academics In Cars #11- Information Warfare and Propaganda Analysis with Chris Simpson July 4, 2018
- Book Review: A Black Radical Intellectual Hero Writes, And Scholars Rescue, A Victory-Tinged History July 4, 2018