Thanks to the good folks at Pan-African Community Action (PACA) for hosting the following post-film discussion. What are recorded are my comments and responses to questions all of which came after a screening of the Media Education Foundation‘s documentary, Occupation of the Mind: Israel’s Public Relations War in the United States. The event, though inspired by events surrounding recent remarks from Marc Lamont Hill, was meant to support the community organizing work of PACA and we encourage as much support of their work as is possible.
SELECT CITED WORKS:
- Marc Lamont Hill and the legacy of punishing black internationalists by Noura Erakat
- The Holocaust Industry: Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering by Norman Finkelstein
- The Hidden History of Zionism by Annie Levin
- The Science of Coercion by Chris Simpson
- Propaganda by Edward Bernays
- The Israel Project’s 2009 Global Language Dictionary by Frank Luntz